How to Re-use your TreeWear product packaging
THE RESPONSIBILITY IS OURS
As a business, we feel it is important to consider the impact of the products we create for you. This manifests through our choice of Natural ingredients and our one-time plastic free packaging. We believe that the responsibility towards sustainable solutions lies in both, the hands of the business as well as the buyer. And as a sustainable business, we would like to help you, our customers, work towards a more planet friendly lifestyle by helping you with ideas to Reuse our product packaging.
One step that can reduce our collective impact on the planet is to Up-cycle and Reuse more often. In a bid to do that, we have created this page as a resource for how to Up-cycle our packaging after you have finished using our product. So here is a short list of how to Reuse the packaging of our existing products.
REUSE YOUR NATURAL DEODORANT TUBE
Our Natural Deodorants are one of our most popular products. We took the time and effort to develop an alternative to plastic packaging in the form of a compostable Paperboard tube. One you are done with your deodorant stick, remove the inner plastic lining on the tube (it's really unavoidable) and use the tube as a seed starter for your garden or potted plants. For larger plant saplings, the paperboard will soften and the the roots of the plant should break through in a short time. For smaller saplings, the tube makes the sprouts easy to separate and move them at the right time to a bigger pot or garden.
HOW TO REUSE OUR DEODORANT TUBES:
1. Remove the inner plastic lining and dispose of it separately.
2. Ensure that the circular bottom stopper of the tube is in place.
3. Place about 1-2 fistfuls of soil from your garden/pot into the tube a little at a time.
4. Once the tube is almost full (1 cm from the top), place your seeds in the tube and cover it with an additional 0.5cm of soil.
5. Add a touch of moisture / water to the soil on the top of the tube.
6. After the seeds have grown enough, you can transfer the saplings or the tube as necessary.
GRANTED THAT YOU WILL ONLY USE ABOUT 3-4 STICKS OF DEODORANT A YEAR, YOU CAN KEEP THEM ASIDE FOR THE IMPORTANT SEEDS!
REUSE YOUR LIP BALM CONTAINER
Our 100% Natural Lip Balms come packed in small aluminium containers which are quite easy to reuse. Aluminium also means it has some scrap value and can be recycled if you have the means to segregate your waste. In case you were looking for some ways to use the container after your lip balm is over, check out the list below.
HOW TO REUSE OUR LIP BALM CONTAINERS:
1. Once the lip balm is over, wipe the container clean from the insider before Reuse.
2. You can use the container to securely store small items like jewellery and medication/tables on the go.
3. Refill the container with a wick and some wax to Reuse it as a tea light candle.
4. Lastly, you can use it as an Incense cone holder, to contain ashes and keep your counter surfaces from burning.
REUSE YOUR AMBER GLASS BOTTLES
If you have purchase an amber glass bottle from us, chances are that it came packaged in a small cardboard box which is also reusable.
HOW TO REUSE THE OUTER CARDBOARD BOX:
The outer triangular cardboard box is great to keep your products intact during transit. The have been designed to take damage along the way, but incase it reaches you mostly intact, you can turn the box into a neat pen organiser.
1. Remove your product from the box. Cut off the 2 flaps on the top carefully with a pair of scissors.
2. Place your pens in the box. Decorate it and place it on your newly organised desk.
HOW TO REUSE THE AMBER GLASS BOTTLES:
Amber glass bottles have a bunch of uses after the product is over. They are especially useful to keep the liquid inside away from direct sunlight, making it a great way to store other oils and tinctures.
1. Make sure you wash the bottle well before Reusing it. Hot water and soap are sufficient.
2. You can refill your oils with liquids or compounds that you might want to take with you while travelling. It's a great way to save space and increase the efficiency of your travel essentials. Use a small funnel, syringe, or cropper to fill up liquids carefully.
3. You can also fill up an old bottle with diffuser oil and place a few reeds in it and repurpose it as a Reed diffuser. Due to the bottle neck, only a couple of reeds will fit in at once so it is advisable that you use this diffuser in small rooms or bathrooms.